Thursday, March 24, 2011

Registry Surprises (the good kind!)

Way back when before the wedding I talked about our registry. And how we decided to register for some nice china (though not too fancy since I get a heart attack thinking about asking people to buy me expensive plates. Even though I still want the $400 per place setting silver that we didn't register for. Ah, someday!). But we weren't planning on registering for any everyday dishes since we had our white everyday dishes that seemed perfectly usable and we figured we'd just replace them later on.




Well, unbeknownst to me, Mr. EB decided that he really wanted some great looking square plates from Crate and Barrel. Also, I should pause here to note that the reason this was unbeknownst to me was not because Mr. EB failed to mention that he was adding said plates to our registry. No, it was because I have a disease known as "selective hearing" and in the weeks and months preceding the wedding it set in in full force. Sorry Mr. EB.




So it was a little bit of a fun surprise to start seeing all these beautiful dishes rolling in from our UPS guy (who we got to know really well. Thanks UPS guy for not taking Cody's barking personally like the Fed Ex guy did!). And you know what? I'm SO glad that Mr. EB added these! We now have a great looking set of white dishes that are beautiful and chip free! Also, they're really white. As opposed to our old dishes which when held up against the new ones are clearly old. And chipped. And, well, let's just say I'll be perfectly happy to box them up and hand them to my brother when he moves out and needs dishes to eat off of.


Did anyone else's significant other add things to the registry that you weren't necessarily 100% aware of but ended up being awesome additions to your household?

2 comments:

  1. I can't say I didn't know about it, but D did add a Jimmy Buffet Margarita Maker to the list. It's basically a really expensive blender. I have to admit though - it's the hit of the party every time we bust it out. Friends have had BBQ's over the summer & asked us to bring it with us! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That might be the most awesome registry addition I've heard of! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...