Friday, January 7, 2011

Falling off the Fitness Wagon

Miss Eggs Benedict note: I wrote this post back in the beginning of January to help me stay on track for the final push to the wedding. But I still wanted to share this to let you know what I've been doing these last two months before the wedding with regards to fitness and my health.


Oops. It's been 11 days since my last workout. And it's only 7 weeks until our wedding. The hazards of a wedding not too far after Christmas!


But, I've made a couple of decisions which should help me shed a few more pounds before the wedding. I know that it won't be a lot, but my main goal at this point is toning and feeling good about myself, and I think these will help me reach those two goals.


1. I'm not drinking alcohol before the week of the wedding except for a couple of pre-defined instances. I'm allowed to have a beer during the Seahawks game (because it's likely their last game of the season. Though how awesome would it be if a team that went 7-9 ended up winning a game in the playoffs?). I'm also allowed to have a beer on Monday night when Oregon plays for the National Championship (go Ducks!). And I'm allowed to drink during my bachelorette party which will be taking place in a couple of weeks. The only other exception I'm making is if we're tasting wines for the wedding. Then I'm allowed to taste those (but only sips)!


2. Get back on the P90X bandwagon. I've really liked these workouts, and while I haven't seen huge results in terms of the scale (probably because I didn't follow their eating plan), I am feeling better and seeing differences in how my clothes fit. So if I can keep it up for the next 6-7 weeks I think I'll be happy with the results.


3. Finally, I'm trying really hard to not buy any junk food so that I don't have the excuse to eat it. If I want a snack I should be eating vegetables, not chips. We don't usually have lots of sugary things or other junk food in the house, but over Christmas we ended up with all kinds of cookies and candy and I ate more of it than I should have. So, if it's not in the house then I won't be tempted to eat it! 


As I said before, I know that I won't be losing drastic amounts of weight before the wedding given how close I am, and I'm ok with that. B loves me for who I am, and who I am includes the way that I look. But I do want to feel good about how I look on my wedding day and when I look back at photos I don't want to be focused on my imperfections. So, I'll do what I can right now and really enjoy the wine at the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...