Saturday, December 11, 2010

Wisdom

Yesterday's #reverb10 prompt asked what was the wisest decision you made this year and how did it play out?


Honestly? The wisest decision I made this year was moving back home (no, not to my parent's home, but back to the area where I grew up). I was getting into a rut before we moved with no way out that I could see. I wasn't happy in a lot of areas of my life, and without a major jolt, that wasn't going to change. So when B had the opportunity to do what he's doing now, I had to come along. Of course it hasn't been easy. It hasn't played out exactly the way I thought it would - specifically with respect to finding a job. But I had a really good interview yesterday, and I'm putting it out in the universe that I really want that job. I want to work for that company. I want to work with and for those people. I usually shrink back and try not to get my hopes up for things like this, but I'm trying something different this time. I want to put out in the universe what I'd like to receive. And this job is something I could be really, really good at. So maybe my wisest decision was actually answering that ad for one job that has turned into a position even better than I could have asked for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...