Friday, December 31, 2010

Reverb Recap

Ok, so I kinda lost steam on the whole #reverb project. Part of it was because I lost interest with some of the prompts and part of it was because holy cow were we busy for the last two weeks! Having to travel around Christmas (even traveling the weekend before) is no joke! I've never had to fly for Christmas before, so that was new for me. But we got to spend time with B's family and mine (and got some wonderful presents) which was great. But as I said, not great for my #reverb posting.


So, because I don't want to just completely have abandoned the whole thing, I wanted to respond to a few of the posts that most spoke to me over the past two weeks.


Day 14 - Appreciate. What’s the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it?


This has to be B - I don't think I can properly describe how much I have come to appreciate him and what he does for me and our family this past year. It's been a rough one. And I don't think I would have gotten through everything without him. 


Day 17 - Lesson Learned. What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward?


I am stronger than I thought I was. I will hold on that for future hard times and know that we can get through just about anything. That was actually a really nice thing to realize.


Day 18 - Try. What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn’t go for it?


I want to try being employed in a job I like, that I enjoy waking up in the morning and going to. I don't have to like it every minute of every day, but I'd really like to try having a job where my overall feeling is a positive one. I did try to get this job, and while I haven't heard back yet I still might get it. So I'm putting it out there once again that I still really want this job. Come on universe!


Day 21 - Future Self. Imagine yourself five years from now. What advice would you give your current self for the year ahead?


It'll be ok. Changes are happening and that makes you worried and nervous. But you're marrying B. And getting stronger as a family unit. The job will happen. It may not be this one, but it will come. Just remember - it will be ok.


Day 22 - Travel. How did you travel in 2010? How and/or where would you like to travel next year?


We traveled to see family and friends this year. And it was great. But we didn't get to travel anywhere just the two of us like we've gotten to the past couple of years. I know we'll be planning a bigger honeymoon eventually, but even if it doesn't happen in 2011 I hope we'll still be able to go on a few smaller trips just the two of us.


Day 27 - Ordinary Joy. Our most profound joy is often experienced during ordinary moments. What was one of your most joyful ordinary moments this year?


Walking in the snow with B and Cody. It was cold and still falling and I was worried if it signaled a hard winter (and thus difficulty for our guests getting out to our wedding in February). But then I stopped. And looked around. And saw the beauty in the snow.

1 comment:

  1. Great post; loved learning about what was important to you this year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...