Monday, December 6, 2010

Made

What was the last thing you made?


Last night I made a Christmas corner in our house - we put up our tree and lights in the living room, and I made a tree skirt out of some old curtains we had. 


A couple of weeks ago I made earrings for my bridesmaids. Or at least, I made one pair before I got frustrated and started wondering whether my girls would even want to wear the earrings and whether I had the patience to continue making five more pairs. 


A few months ago I made what was supposed to be a clutch but that I turned into a makeup bag. It quickly became my favorite makeup case I've ever owned. 


Several years ago I started three different pairs of knitted slippers. I finished one pair but ruined them in the felting process. The other two pairs remain unfinished in my knitting bag. 


These are just a few of the things I've made in the past few years. I like to think of myself as a crafty person, but I'm also an impatient crafty person. If I can't figure out how to make something fairly easily I have a hard time coming back to it later. And if it comes out looking amateurish or like a child made it? Well, I stuff it in a bag and forget about it. 


But remembering these projects makes me want to pull them out and finish them. And see if I can't make something better now than my impatient self abandoned. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness! I could stock a craft store with the semi-started/semi-finished projects I've got stashed in various bags, closets and drawers in my house!
    @libismorgan #reverb10

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...