Monday, December 27, 2010

The ideas that won't be

We're getting down to the nitty-gritty over here (even though there's still SO much left to do!), but sometimes I can't help but look through some of my saved inspiration photos and see so many things that I would have loved to incorporate into our wedding if only there was more time, money, we went a different direction... but of course, you can't have everything that's out there, no matter how pretty!


So instead, I'll share them here in hopes that someone out there is inspired by these!




I fell in love with this dress before I ever went dress shopping. I still love it, and would have loved to buy it, but I just couldn't quite bring myself to pay for something without being able to try it on first to see how it looked on me. But oh, I think it's fabulous!




We might not be having a big cake, but that doesn't stop me from drooling over beauties like these! I love buttercream so much more than fondant - how beautiful is that cake on the left??



Oh, how I wanted letterpressed invitations! And oh, how they were not even a little bit in the budget. But they're so beautiful. All of you lucky people with letterpressed invitations, just know how much I swoon over them!



If we were getting married in June, I would definitely have had a giant fluffy bouquet teeming with peonies. I LOVE peonies, and not being able to have those flowers is one of the few reasons why I'm sad we're having a winter wedding. Luckily, all of the other positives definitely outweigh the fact that I can't have a certain type of flower in my bouquet!

Seeing pictures like this makes me a little bit sad for things we won't have, but I love all of the elements that will make our wedding unique. But it's still fun to think about what could have been...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...