Thursday, December 16, 2010

Happy news

Ok, yesterday was kind of a downer post, I know. But today I have some wonderful news that I've been dying to share with you all - my sister is ENGAGED!!!


A couple of years ago my mom and I spent the weekend with my sister to celebrate her birthday. SO much fun! As evidenced by our goofy dance in her living room.


I'm so, so, so happy for her! She called me a couple of weeks ago after she got back from a big trip to New Zealand with her (then) boyfriend. He proposed on a hike they took, she said yes, and now there's going to be another wedding! Welcome to the (crazy) family, new brother-in-law! B can tell you that we're all a little nuts, but I think that's part of our charm.


See? Nuts-o. I was cleaning out my old closet in my parent's house and found these gems. Of course I had to share. But my sister will be happy to note I left out the one where she's trying on my old prom dress.


I am SO excited that there will be another wedding in the family, and I can't wait to help her with whatever she needs (or butt out as necessary!).


I love my siblings! I'm so happy that we've all gotten closer as we've grown older.

As much as I love my brother and sister, I love even more seeing how our significant others are fitting into and becoming a part of our family. I may not do change very well, but these are changes I can get behind in a heartbeat. Because there gets to be more wedding fun after February! 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!! See you won't get any wedding withdrawl either and I bet there'll be tons of things that your sister can reuse for her wedding & save $$. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like 2 weeks late here but oh my, I have to borrow that awesome ski sweater for my next year's Ugly Christmas Sweater Day. I'll totally send you the prize 'cause it would definitely win first place!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...