Friday, December 3, 2010

Carpeting the Ceremony



I love this lamp. I've never really cared about lamps, and right now our living room light comes courtesy of three of these lights from Ikea. Which I do like. But I'm ready to add more color to the room. If I could figure out a way to make this a wedding purchase and work it into our ceremony, I totally would. But I'm pretty sure the carpet that we're getting for the ceremony is the only home furnishing that will be involved in our wedding. Well, that and candles, I guess.

I don't have a picture of the finished carpet yet because it's still being bound, but it should be done in the next couple of weeks. This was one of my aunt's ideas and I love it. We're using a square carpet on the stage to add a splash of color and anchor our ceremony space. 

The color we got is the top left sample. It's a beautiful teal color (more blue than it appears in this picture), which will play really well off the trees lining the back of the stage and the cobalt blue of the bridesmaid's pashminas.

Even better? We get to take the spot that we got married on and use it in our house for years to come. This was definitely an investment in something that we'll use later in our home which is why we decided to go for it, but I really love the idea that we'll always have the spot that we said our vows on with us as part of our home. 

1 comment:

  1. That's such an awesome idea!! Why can't you use the lamps as well? Maybe use them on the "alter" or some table area near your ceremony? They don't have to be lit - or you can put those fake candles in them? Like these:
    http://www.amazon.com/Flickering-Batteries-Flickers-Operated-Flameless/dp/B000HLLTSY

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...