Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The women in my life

I love my mother. And my grandmother. And my best friend's mom who is my second mother. And now with Mr. EB's mom, I get a third mother. And his grandmother as well. And I'd really like to honor them in some way at the ceremony, but I'm not really sure how.


See, from what I understand, the traditional way that those women who are special to the bride and groom are honored is to gift them with corsages. And I don't think we'll be doing that. Both because we're only planning on having fresh flowers in the bouquets (which means no flower boutonnieres or corsages), and because I asked my mom about it and she didn't particularly want one. Which is fine with me, because whenever I see them (particularly wrist corsages) I can only think of prom. And I'd really rather not compare our wedding to prom!




But this doesn't really solve the problem of what we DO want to do... I've heard of giving the moms a single flower that they can carry, but meh, I'm not really sure what I think about that option either. We could go with a nosegay (or tussie mussie - I honestly have no idea what those terms technically refer to, but my understanding is that they are smaller bouquets of flowers that the moms hold):



I guess I'm just not really feeling any of these options, but I still want to do something for the moms. Does anyone have any non-floral options? Or should I just suck it up and get them some flowers already? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...