Thursday, November 4, 2010

What are the bridesmaids wearing?

Honestly, I have no idea. I talked earlier about how I want them all to find a knee length black dress, and I'm going to give them pashminas as part of their gifts to keep them warm and add a little color to their outfits. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that this was going to be a slightly harder task than I envisioned. I really just want them to have dresses that they like and that they will wear again, and I love the look of non-matching bridesmaid dresses.


But, it turns out that my girls wanted a little bit more direction than that. So I sent them a long e-mail complete with links to lots of different dresses, including these from J.Crew:










I'm really excited to see what they decide to get, and hopefully my non-matching black dresses vision will end up coming together similar to these weddings:





4 comments:

  1. Tell them to check Banana Republic too - I got the cutest BM dress from there last winter - same idea as yours, just a cute black dress. I know it's cutting it a little close but if they wait til after Christmas the sales are sooo good!! Also I'd give them some shoe options too. I know you 'dont care' (cause I said the same to my BMs) but they just want to make you happy and would love some guidance. So fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, great idea! And yeah, we're still trying to figure out the shoes. My original idea was that I wanted them all in different bright colored shoes, but I'm not positive that'll work out... still brainstorming ideas for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that 1st dress. No worries, I waited till the last possible moment to get my girls dresses too & it was fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad we aren't the only last minute ones! And I love the first dress too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...