Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sentimental Stories

One of the best parts about the wine shower was the stories behind the wine that each of my friends gifted me.


See, Marie included tags (in our wedding colors! Love that girl!) with the shower invitations and asked everyone to attach them to a bottle or two of wine. She requested that people use the tags to write what the story was behind the wine, or why the wine was meaningful. It was so much fun to read through the stories and see why people chose the wine they picked. The gifts of wine included one wine that a friend overindulged with on her birthday (it also happens to be one of my favorite whites), and a great sparkling wine that we were instructed to open on a random Tuesday.



The label on the left reads "Don't wait for a special occasion to pop open the bubbles - drink up on a random Tuesday and make any week better!"

To protect the innocent I won't write clarify what my other friend wrote - suffice it to say, she had a headache the morning after her birthday! 


Another fantastic bottle was this nice play on the classic Cotes du Rhone from Marie: 




I have to say that my favorite bottles came from my parents though. They gifted Mr. EB and me with three amazing bottles of wine, from France, Oregon and California. We've had two of these wines before, but what makes them even more special is what my parents wrote on the card. They have had the opportunity to meet the winemakers at each of these wineries and spend time in their kitchens, drinking their wine and hearing their stories.




I think that's one of the reasons why I love wine so much - there's a story behind every bottle.


*If anyone wants to know more about these wines, I'd be happy to share! I love talking wine with people, but I'm never quite sure how much other people want to hear about it.

2 comments:

  1. You popped up in my people to follow on Twitter - I love this wine idea! What a great spin on it and a wonderful way to stock a new couple's kitchen supply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks! Yeah, it was a great shower idea, and a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...