Thursday, October 14, 2010

Making Me Up, Part 3

Here's the before:



Please keep in mind that these photos were taken in my bathroom which has terrible yellow lighting. 

And now, here's the after:


Oh, and one photography tip I learned: don't use your manual focus lens when trying to take self portraits. That's how you end up with 30 pictures that are all just a teensy bit off and out of focus. Don't be lazy and change your lens next time!

Overall, I'm actually pretty pleased. Yes, there are many, many things that I will change, but as a first go 'round? Not too shabby! And I've now worn this combination of moisturizer, primer, foundation out a bunch of times and I LOVE it! Seriously - my face doesn't feel at all cakey, I think it looks pretty good, and I never have to do anything to it all night (except reapply lipstick).

What would I change? Well, for starters, wax my eyebrows! Another thing I would change is my eyeshadow and get new brushes. I was experimenting with some new colors that I got, and my old brushes just aren't hacking it. They weren't applying the color very well, so I think I may need to get a couple of new ones. Also, I forgot to put on the Urban Decay Primer Potion that I love so dearly which also affected the way they look (hence no eyeshadow only pictures).

One other thing is that I want to practice with false eyelashes. I actually didn't think I was going to wear false lashes at all because I have really, really, really long natural lashes. I love them (even when they are getting in the way of my sunglasses - seriously, they're that long), but even all mascara-ed up, you can't really tell. I mean, in person you can, but they just don't play on camera. So, I'm going to try to find some that aren't too expensive so I can get used to putting them on and figure out if I can make them work. I've heard a lot of people say they're great for just making the eyes pop a little bit more. 

The last thing that I want to change is my fear of color. I'm always afraid that whatever I have on will be too bright, too garish. Now, I certainly don't want to go overboard, but I think color on my face is necessary given that I'll be in an ivory dress and veil. I'm still searching for a lip stain, or something that will give me lip color all day and I can just touch up with some gloss to keep things smooth, and I'm also still trying to figure out the colors for my eyeshadow. Right now I'm thinking purpley/brown. I have brown/hazel eyes, so I think that should work.

What do you guys think? Any other changes I should make? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...