Monday, October 11, 2010

Invitations-Schminvitations


I haven't figured out what we're going to do for our invites yet. I haven't even really thought about them. You know, that fairly important document that actually invites everyone? Yeah, those.

I'm not really sure why not. I even sent inquiries back in January to one designer. But I think I felt like it was way too early then and now, here we are, coming down to the wire. Oops. I think one of the issues is that I really want a gorgeously letterpressed invite and I'm not sure we can afford it. And other than that I'm not really sure what I want so I just haven't done anything. Why yes, I do enjoy procrastinating, why do you ask?

But I do know that I need to get on this. If only to make sure I'm not sending out e-vites six weeks before. So to that end I actually have been looking at some inspiration and here's what I've come up with so far. I really like all text invites. I think there's something about them that just says wedding to me. And while we are being somewhat untraditional in our choice of venue I want to lean more on the traditional side for the invites, at least for the wording. I think that will help tell our guests that even though our wedding is in the woods and most of the weekend will be casual, the wedding itself will still be a somewhat formal affair.


I also prefer rectangular shaped invitations (rather than square), and I really want a simple invitation suite. As in, probably just the invite and maybe a response card. And then there's the sticking point about an inner envelope - the sticking point being that I don't really want one, but my mom does. Maybe we can compromise with a belly band of sorts?


In any event, here are a few that I'm really liking so far. I'm hoping to get this figured out in the next couple of weeks (since, um, we kind of have to - seriously, I can't believe how fast the weeks have been flying by!)








Apparently I also tend to lean a bit more toward modern designs? We'll be making a decision soon (because we have to), and I can't wait to show you what we've come up with!

2 comments:

  1. If it would be at all helpful I can send you the contact info for the woman who did our invites. She's in fremont and was great about working within a budget. also really good turn around time. also, really good at working with our vision. also, no bullshit. hope wedding planning is still fun. amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I would love that! I really like the idea of working with not a huge company, but worried about cost...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...