Friday, September 3, 2010

Would you light my candle?

February in the NW means that it gets dark pretty early.  According to this site, sunset on our wedding day will occur at 5:39pm.  But, with clouds and our venue situated in the middle of a forest, it's likely to be darker much earlier than that.  In any event, the darkness outdoors will provide a great backdrop to all of the candles that I want to have lit during the ceremony and on the tables for the reception.  

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it yet, but instead of doing fresh flower centerpieces, we're going with candles. Lots and lots of candles if I have my way!



Candles in mason jars, tealights, votives, whatever we can get our hands on that we can light, that's what I want.  I love the different size jars that the picture above features.  



I'm not sure if we're going to have room in the dining hall to crowd the tables with quite so many candles (it's all going to depend on how many people can actually come), but I love the idea of having separate tables that are just crowded with candles like this to add more candlelight to the room (and make it so the overhead lights can be softer, which I think will give a more intimate feeling to dinner).  However, since I'm not positive that will work we might be able to do something similar back in the Great Hall where we'll move to after dinner?  Except that I'm pretty sure dancing + tables full of candles are probably not my smartest idea.



However many candles we ultimately end up with, I can't wait to see how the room lights up with their glow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...