Thursday, September 30, 2010

Wedding Dresses

Yeah, I said dresses. Plural. And no, I'm not getting another white dress - I still love my dress and that is one decision that I'm not going to be going back on. What I am talking about are all the other dresses that I apparently need.

See, it's only recently dawned on me that with all the different events that are happening around our wedding, I'm going to need things to wear. Probably different things at that. And shopping is not my strong suit. I mean, sure, I like to shop (um, sometimes at least), but there are other things that we need to save for, and me buying multiple dresses for showers and bachelorette parties and other shindigs is not really something that's high on the priority list.

But I've also not been very happy with the clothes in my closet. I feel like the few dresses I have are either much too casual, much too dressy, or don't really fit right anymore (thanks to all the crap I've been eating during the move - must restart the get fit plan stat). And with my first wedding event coming up on Saturday, I needed to find something to wear! Luckily, I found a dress! Actually I have two dresses - pretty sure it'll be a game time decision as to which one I go for. But the best part is that I didn't have to pay for either dress. Why not? Because I shopped in my best friend's closet. Yeah, she's pretty awesome. She very generously opened her amazing wardrobe to me and offered up anything I wanted. 

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I really think I have the best friends and family. They've been pretty fabulous about offering time, support, shoulders to cry on, really anything I could ask for (and most often, before I even could ask!). I'm so looking forward to having them all in one place in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...