Saturday, September 18, 2010

Our Rings

I have a confession to make. And I sometimes wonder when I say this out loud if it means I have to turn in my bride card somewhere. Are you ready? Here it is.

I don't want a diamond wedding band. In fact, I'm not sure how much I even like diamonds sometimes.

Now don't get me wrong, I like some diamonds. I love the three stones I own - my engagement ring from Mr. EB and a pair of diamond studs that my parents gave me when I turned 21. But honestly? I've never wanted a diamond wedding band. Just a plain metal wedding band. One reason is because I prefer simpler jewelry in general. But the bigger reason is because Mr. EB and I want to have matching metal bands.


 

See, growing up, I saw what my parents wore and assumed that all wedding bands were yellow gold with no other embellishments beyond engraving on the inside. Of course I learned pretty quickly that that's not the case, but I still love the classic elegant look that a simple band gives off. And I really like that our bands will be the same (well his will be a bit wider). I know it's not for everyone, and there are so many gorgeous diamond bands out there to choose from, but this is what feels right for us.

So that's my big confession. Mr. EB and I are getting matching plain wedding bands, and I have no idea what we'll be engraving on the inside. I like the idea of surprising each other, but I also like the idea of engraving the same thing on each ring. How did you decide what (if anything) to engrave on the inside of your wedding bands?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...