Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Our Wedding Facebook (no, not that kind)

I've been trying to think of more ways to bring the community feeling that Mr. EB and I want for our wedding to all of our guests. I thought about creating some sort of guestlist tree or timeline to show guests how they know or are related to Mr. EB or myself, or what random connections people might have to each other that could make for good conversation starters. I was thinking about making something similar to these:




Source (I LOVE the one that Mrs. Dolphin made!)

But I was a little nervous about taking this on because of my complete lack of design programs besides Word (which doesn't exactly count), and my not so impressive design skills. But then! I had dinner the other night with some great friends, and one of them had the most brilliant idea. They had been at another friend's wedding earlier in the summer and the bride and groom had made a facebook for their wedding. Now, I'm not talking about Mark Zuckerburg's website, but rather the types of books that we got at the beginning of college that had everyone's picture and name on it. And that were printed on paper so that you could actually flip through them (I'd show you pictures of my old college facebooks, but I recently threw them all out in an attempt to purge my life).

So that's my new plan - to make a Wedding Facebook for all of our guests to get to know each other (they did "5 Fun Facts" about each person - not certain we'll necessarily do that, but I really like the idea of having some information about each person beyond just a picture and a name). I think we'll have these available for people to grab whenever they end up checking into their rooms at IslandWood.  I'm super excited about this project - now I just have to figure out the best way to create and print them...

4 comments:

  1. I saw a post in one of the other blogs you mentioned that had nametags for each guest that also included some personalized conversation starters: something like "Ally Smith. Ask me about avocadoes, synchronized swimming, brains or hiking!" or something like that. Although pictures and info are nice too, because it's impossible (for me at least) to remember new names on command. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, if you do this, you need to include cody. Just kidding. Mostly. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! He'll be on the cover, don't worry :) But yeah - I like this idea b/c people can get to know other guests without name tags... mainly b/c I hate name tags (I don't know why, I just do).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the best idea! I LOVE it! Let me know if you need help with anything!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...