Friday, September 24, 2010

Little House in the Woods

Have I told you guys about one of my favorite parts of having our wedding at IslandWood?  No?  Well, let me set the scene.

See, while all of our guests are sleeping in the different lodges, like this one:

There are four lodges like this on the property, and we're hoping that enough people want to stay on the property so that we'll fill them all.

B and I will be staying here:


That's right, our very own cottage.


IslandWood has a guest cottage on the property that they reserve for the bride and groom when they do weekend weddings.  Along with being the place that we'll sleep, it'll be a place B and I can come when we need a little bit of alone time, away from the craziness of the weekend.  B and I have been planning on spending the night before our wedding here, and of course the night of our wedding as well.  Of course, if one of my best friends has her way, I won't be spending the night with B or even seeing him before our wedding.  Luckily I'm the one who sets the schedule! 

By the way - how cute are those two chairs on either side of the door?  Love!

B and I will definitely be seeing each other on the morning of our wedding because we're having our rehearsal then (there's no time or space to do it the night before due to the big welcome dinner on Friday night), and I really don't want to have to try to spend the day hiding from him.  He's my best friend and I want to spend our wedding day with him, ya know?  Plus we've been planning all along to have a first look, and if we're going to do that, I'm not about to not see him earlier in the day.  As for spending Friday night together?  Well, we've been living together for over a year, so the jig's kind of up on that one.  And more importantly, I know myself.  I know I'm going to be a ball of nerves the night before we get married, and he's the one who knows how to calm me down and remind me to relax and enjoy what's happening.  Especially since it will likely be a fairly overwhelming day for me, what with everyone coming in from out of town and all of the last minute details to take care of.  I don't want to add to that the stress of trying to stay away from B for the sake of some tradition that I don't buy into anyway (some say that this tradition started as a way to ensure that the groom didn't see his bride prematurely, get cold feet and bolt before the ceremony. Not exactly something that I'm concerned about or want to be reminded of on my wedding day by trying to stay away from B).

So that's where we get to stay during our weekend in the woods.  It's such a cute cabin and will be a great little hideaway.  The question that I have now is where I want to get ready... because as cute as that cabin is, it is not at all big enough for me and all my bridesmaids.  But I think we might have come up with a solution for that, I just have to check on whether we can use that space or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...