Thursday, September 9, 2010

Little black dress

I'm still loving the idea of having all of my girls in black dresses and the guys in charcoal suits.  We're working on the details (like ties and pocket squares for the guys, and the pops of color that will accent the girls' black dresses), but I realized I needed to give them some visual representations of what I had envisioned (rather than just, hey guys, go buy a black dress! Which, let's face it, is pretty much all I had told them before sending them some suggestions).

I found all of these dresses at Nordstrom, but I also really like a lot of the J. Crew options, as well as some at Black House White Market and Macys.


My main goal is for all of my girls to be comfortable, feel beautiful and be happy standing by my side when Mr. EB and I get married.  As for adding color - well, I still like the idea of colorful shoes.  But whether that pans out or not, part of my gift to my girls will be pashminas (uh, guys, if you're reading this, I guess I just spoiled that part... but I've got a couple of other tricks up my sleeves, don't worry!).  Since we're getting married in winter and most of the dresses that I like don't have sleeves I really wanted to give them something that will help keep them warm.  And be pretty!  Adding color to the ceremony and reception just makes for a nice bonus.



I've been trying to decide if I wanted to give some of the girls blue and some girls green, or keep them all in one color. And then I thought about putting my sister (who is my maid-of-honor) in the burgundy one (yes, burgundy isn't exactly one of our colors, but I'm more into having a general color palette that I use for inspiration rather than sticking precisely to two colors). But then I made my best friend a co-maid-of-honor, and I'm not sure about having both of them with burgundy shawls. So, they might just all end up in blue. Luckily, these were not very expensive and I got several extra so I can play with what I want to do right up until I give them to my girls.

Anyway - what do you think?  I'm starting to think that if I go with this I might end up nixing the colorful shoe idea in favor of black or silver shoes so as to not go overboard... but I'm not sure I'm ready to give up on that one quite yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...