Saturday, September 4, 2010

I get by with a little help from my friends

I've mentioned it before, but I really wanted to say again just how much I appreciate all of my family and friends as we're going through this wedding planning process.  After I posted about my mason jar candle idea I got several e-mails from friends offering tips from how they used mason jars in their wedding to where I might be able to pick up some more jars on the cheap in the Seattle area (thanks Em and Marie!  Those girls will do anything with me, including waiting 5 hours for the Pioneer Woman to sign our cookbooks!). 


And then there was the e-mail from my aunt and godmother that showed up the other day as I was still trying to figure out my "something borrowed."  She offered to let me borrow the earrings that she wore on her wedding day.  What's even more special about this offer is that these earrings originally belonged to my great-grandmother.  My middle name is her name, so I love that part of her will be there on my wedding day.  I haven't seen the earrings yet, but after my aunt described them I think they will work perfectly with the necklace and bracelet that I've already purchased (there might be some mixing of metals going on as the earrings are gold and my necklace has some silver in it, but I don't think anyone will notice and there's no way I'm turning down an offer like this!).  I had absolutely no idea what I was going to wear for earrings, so this makes her offer even more perfect. And now I have two incredibly special "borrowed" and "old" items that I'll be wearing when I walk down the aisle. 

I know how lucky I am that so many people are willing and happy to provide help and support to us during this time.  I just need to remember to always let them know how much I appreciate them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...