Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Babies

Can I talk about somehing that might be a bit controversial?


Babies.


Now this isn't a post about whether or not to have kids at your wedding. Kids are invited to our wedding because I love them and I would hate for anyone not to be able to come if they couldn't find a sitter. Plus we're getting married at a camp for kids! How can we not invite them? Of course, some people might choose to have a night out and not bring their kids and that's fine, too. Really, I just want to throw a great party and welcome all those who can be there with us.


But this post is about babies and my friends who are all starting to have them. More specifically, how I have recently found out that three of my friends are pregnant. That's awesome and I'm so, so excited for them (and can't wait to meet and play with all the little ones!).


Except that one friend is due the end of January and two are due in March. And our wedding is smack in between. All three would have to travel so I'm pretty sure there's no way they can come, what with a brand new baby or being 8 months pregnant. And honestly? That bums me out a little.


Who knows if they'd have been able to come in the first place, but I just hate that their happy news makes me the teeniest bit sad (and yes, I am aware that this is totally selfish of me).


I know that these kinds of things are going to keep popping up, and of course not everyone will be able to come to our wedding, but I thought I wasn't going to be faced with these issues until the rsvps started rolling in. Instead, I just need to focus on everyone who will be there to celebrate with us, while remembering all those who will be celebrating with us in spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...