Sunday, August 29, 2010

Please don't stop the music (part 2)

Another important song that we're still trying to choose is our first dance song.  Neither Mr. EB nor I love the spotlight and so I'm actually a little bit nervous about our first dance.  Especially because apparently I don't know how to let Mr. EB lead.  I don't think I take the lead myself, but I just really don't know how to follow someone.  So I'll probably need to practice even though we'll likely be doing some variation of the middle school sway.

But what do we want to sway to?  Both Mr. EB and I have some ideas, but here are some of my favorites.

The Luckiest - Ben Folds


I love this song.  I saw Ben Folds live in concert when I was in college, and I remember this song from that performance the most.  It's so beautiful and I just love the message behind it.  Love!  But, this is a song that a lot of people I know have used (let alone everyone else out there in wedding blog land), so I'm not really sure I want to use this one. 

He Lays in the Reins - Calexico & Iron and Wine


This is one of my absolute favorite songs.  B introduced me to Iron and Wine (I told you I don't know jack about music and am late to every music party.  But whatevs), and specifically to this song when we first got together.  As such, I really identify this song with the beginning of our relationship and it just makes me smile every time I hear it.  I'm not really sure if it's a good first dance song though...

Love and Some Verses - Iron and Wine


Ohhh another one I love.  This one doesn't give me quite the reaction that He Lays in the Reins does, but I think it would make a beautiful first dance song.

Lucky - Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat


This is one of those songs that I really like, and I love the message because I feel so incredibly lucky to have found Mr. EB, but I'm not really sure that it's the one.  I dunno.  Still thinking.

One thing that I need to do is to talk with our band and see what they have in their repertoire (I'm so excited about our band! One of them I've known since college and I'm so happy they're playing our wedding).  They're not a wedding band, but they have started to play more weddings over the past couple of years, so they've been adding more "wedding-y" songs to their set list and I'm not sure what exactly is on it anymore.

1 comment:

  1. 1.) I LOVE "The luckiest" - I think it's one of the best love songs ever!
    2.) How did you manage to post this morning without me noticing? Were you really awake at 8 am?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...