Monday, August 9, 2010

Inception

B and I don't go to the movies very often. Mainly because we are cheap and movie tickets have gotten ridiculously expensive. I think it also might have to do with the fact that we lived in Eugene for awhile where there was a fantastic dollar theater. Yes, that does mean you could see movies for a dollar (or maybe it had gotten up to a dollar fifty by the time we moved). Sure they were slightly older run movies that were about to come out on dvd, but hey, that's about the time I finally get to theaters to see movies anyway. And the concessions were super cheap too. Which basically means that anytime I have to shell out $10 (or more!) for a movie ticket, I feel like I'm being robbed. Ok, not really, but seriously, they've gotten out of hand (and don't even get me started on 3D prices! Do the glasses really warrant an extra $5-10 for the ticket? Really?).

Ahem. Off my soapbox now. Point being, the last movie we saw was Inception. And holy crap, it was excellent. I don't want to give anything away, but just to say that if you haven't seen it yet, it's totally worth the price of a ticket, go see it now! And seriously, Leonardo DiCaprio? Love him. Joseph Gordon-Levitt? Love him even more. Ellen Paige? Really surprised at how much I liked her in this movie. Just really fantastic overall - and it makes you think, and wonder, and interpret the movie to determine your own understanding of it.

But now we'll be watching netflix movies for the next few months because I don't think anything can compare to Inception and we used up our budget for in theater movies. Which is ok, because really, until Harry Potter comes out, I don't think there's anything else I need to see in the theaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...