Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A hairy situation

Ever since high school I've had a pretty similar routine with my hair.  No, I'm not talking about how I wear it, I'm talking about my need to chop it all off about every year or so.  The reason that I tend to have this yearly chopping festival is because my hair grows really, really quickly.  At the same time though, whenever I cut it off I usually like it for about a week, then realize that short hair isn't my favorite and want my long hair back.  You'd think that I would have learned this lesson by now, but nope, I always think that this time, the short hair cut will be the one.  

These are both from about four years ago, I think.  Once my hair gets to this length is usually the time that I start thinking about cutting it all off.



Here are some of the in-between stages (including the one on the left when I dyed my hair brown - I've only done it once professionally, but I really liked it!  However, I really don't have the budget to do that very often).


But when I go short - I like to go short.  This was me when I graduated from college with my mom and my sister (I'm in the middle):


And then, I decided that last December, the week after I got engaged, was the perfect time for a drastic change in hair length.  And I went from having my hair as long as it was in those first pictures to this:


This was the shot that I made Mr. EB take so that we had one of us in front of our first ever Christmas tree.  While it's not the shortest I've ever gone, it was a pretty drastic change from how long my hair had been.  And I decided to get bangs.  Like actual short full on bangs as opposed to just cutting my hair a bit shorter in front to frame my face.  I thought I'd really like bangs like that.  Um, no.  I don't like to put the work in to make them look decent.  Oh well, live and learn.

Now, my point in all of this is that I chopped all of my hair off a year before our wedding.  Luckily, my hair does grow pretty fast, so it's back to being pretty long, and I think it will be plenty long enough for some sort of an up-do at our wedding.  Which is good, because while I love wearing my hair down, I've always pictured myself with some sort of chignon when I walk down the aisle.  Sort of like these:






Images found at Project Wedding

My goal is for a slightly more relaxed look, but still elegant.  You know, woodsy-chic.  Hopefully after I have a hair trial I can get a better idea of how these styles will work with my hair, which has grown out a fair amount (this was me and Mr. EB down at the Ballard locks last August), and will definitely have another couple of inches added to it by February:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...