Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Family Ties

We got the chance to spend some time with B's family last week and I just wanted to take a moment to share my appreciation for families, and in-laws especially. See, when I was little it never occurred to me that families became that way through joining together various people who hadn't grown up together. I mean, my grandparents had always been around, as had the various aunts and uncles and other family members. As I got older I started to think about how it was for my parents when they got married and had to learn to interact with each other's families and create a new normal.



We're both really lucky in that we have great families, but due to geographic proximity we have been able to spend more time with mine. I'm so glad that we were able to take a week and spend it with B's family, because they are going to be my people, too, and I want to know them as well as I can.

I know that relationships can't be formed over night, but I have been very blessed by being welcomed into B's family and I can't wait for them all to be there as we say our vows and create our new little family.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...