Monday, August 23, 2010

Booked!

We booked the photographer this weekend! And I'm so excited to have that one done, crossed off our list, finito, yay! Our photographers for the weekend will be Kat and Justin of Persimmon Images. I first came across Kat when she was writing for Weddingbee. She got married in September of 2008, and I came across the site a bit later in 2009 as she was finishing up her recaps of their wedding day out in Montana. I immediately went back and read all of her entries because there was just something about her that spoke to me. That was also one of my first introductions to beautiful wedding photography, and what a great photographer could do with all of the details and planning that go into a wedding.

As I mentioned, one thing that really drew me to Kat was her writing - long before I ever met her, I felt like I had gotten to see this little piece of her, and she just felt like someone I wanted to know. Luckily for me, just a short time later she started her photography business, I won an engagement shoot with her and the rest is history!

You might have noticed that earlier I said that Kat and Justin were going to be our photographers "for the weekend." I think that's the part that I am most excited about - Kat and Justin will be with us for the weekend so they can document our Friday night welcome dinner, s'mores by the firepit that night, and of course all the wedding day craziness (please let it not be too crazy!) on Saturday.

I absolutely adore Kat's work (go check out her website!), but I'm even more excited just to know that it's her who will be there with me on the big day. Everyone said to make sure that your photographer is someone that you're comfortable with, that you click with, someone who gets you, since you're going to be spending more time with them on your wedding day than practically anyone else. And Kat is exactly the type of person I want to be spending that day with - hilarious, outgoing, serious when necessary, and above all, the professional who will be capturing our day through her lens. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...