Sunday, August 1, 2010

Birthday Surprises

How do you decide what to get for birthday gifts? Do you ask the person in question what they want? Do you try to think of things they might like so that you can surprise them? Do you just get something randomly and hope they don't think it's stupid?

And then what do you do when you're on a tight budget but you'd like to do more than a card and a hug? B's birthday is coming up and I'm not sure what I want to get him (he also freely admits that he's tough to shop for because if he wants something he'll generally just go get it rather than wait for someone to give it to him). I have lots of ideas for things, but I haven't decided if any of them are right for his birthday. And I've learned that if I want any hope of surprising him at all, I can't say ANYTHING about what ideas I've had. Because he manages to guess right every single time I've hinted at what his present is. Silly surprise messer upper (and yes, that is a technical term).

Too bad I can't get him a new puppy - that'd be an awesome surprise that he never saw coming! (Don't worry B, I promise I'm not getting a puppy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...