Monday, July 12, 2010

Ok, So No Bagpipes

Yeah, so we aren't really going to have bagpipes at the wedding. Though I still think that would be a little entertaining. But B threatened not to show up if there were bagpipes, so um, that kind of rules them out.

We haven't decided exactly what we're going to do for music for our reception yet. We have a lot of ideas, but the main decision comes down to whether we want to have a band or whether we'll have an ipod reception (well, really some sort of computer set up, but you know what I mean). But that sounds like an easier choice than we actually have - that makes it seem like we're just weighing the pros and cons of each and we'll go with whatever makes most sense by whatever criteria we choose to follow. The reason it's more complicated is because the band we want is actually my friend's band. And we aren't certain whether or not they'll be able to play that weekend (or even be there that weekend - I'm going to be super bummed if they can't come, whether or not they can play). So the choice for us becomes a bit tougher. I love the idea of having a live band play, and having someone who could more or less act as MC. We wouldn't want them to do a lot, but there are certain times when it would be nice to have the person with the microphone be in charge of what's going to happen next.

But, I don't really want to go searching around for other bands and have strangers play at our wedding. Does that make sense? Probably not. But I don't feel like researching different bands and seeing how much it will cost to have them come over to our out-of-the-way reception, and how long they can stay. I think that if we can't have our first option we'll probably end up with an ipod. Which I'm completely fine with. I think B is a little bit more concerned about how that would work, but I've been to several weddings with a computer DJ and I thought they worked out great. Seems like the key is just making sure guests don't mess with the playlist!

Unfortunately we aren't going to know for a while whether or not the band we want will be available. That's the other reason I don't want to count on getting another band - by the time we figure out if our first choice is available, any other choices we might make could potentially be booked already. But as I said, I like the idea of an ipod wedding and getting to dance to all my favorite songs with all my favorite people (am I the only weird one who really likes hearing songs the way they were recorded? Yes, I love live music, but I also love knowing exactly how a song is going to hear).

Living on a Prayer anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...