Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My Dress!

After trying on the amazing mermaid shaped dress there was one other dress that the consultant had pulled. Or maybe my friend grabbed it. I don't remember. What I do remember is that it was strapless and I was pretty sure I didn't want a strapless dress. But, given how well the mermaid dress had gone over, I had to try it.

And when I walked out, I looked at myself in the mirror and was amazed at how much I liked it. And unlike the mermaid dress, I felt like me in this dress. This dress that was chiffon and strapless and so unlike what I thought I would end up in. This dress was 3517 from the Justin Alexander Sincerity line. I loved the way the rouching pulled in my waist. I loved the ivory color that would go beautifully with my mom's veil. I loved the way it moved when I walked. But, it was still a strapless gown. And I wasn't convinced.



My mom came down a few weeks later to see the dress and I could tell that she liked it too. But, I couldn't pull the trigger. I needed to see some more. And I'm so glad that I did.

A few weeks after that I was back up in Seattle for the weekend and I went to Cicada Bridal with my mom and two of my bridesmaids (one of whom had been with me to try on dresses in Portland). Now, can I just say that I love this store? Anytime I'm on First Avenue I love to walk by their store front and stare at the gorgeous dresses that are in the window. I've never actually been in the store before because I was always afraid of the price. But I love their gowns. Love, love, love them. The style of so many of them is so perfectly me - beautiful, elegant and classic. Exactly what I'd been looking for the whole time.

We went inside and there had been one particular dress that I had seen on the website. We grabbed it along with a couple of others and off I went to change. I tried on the first two, and they were pretty but ultimately felt very, well, meh. And then I put my dress on. I walked out, and we all knew that it was the one. It was exactly what I had pictured when I saw myself on my wedding day without ever being able to articulate it. It had straps, a v-neck, it was made of silk, it was perfect. One interesting part of it is that it has no train. I never wanted a huge train, but I always figured I'd have at least a little something back there. But this dress is so perfect for me, the lack of a train was never an issue. Plus the sash that ties at the waist is long enough and gives some more detail to the back of the dress. And now I don't have to worry about how I'll do the bustle. Plus, given our woodsy location, it's probably best I don't have white material trailing behind me...

I'm so excited to wear this dress, but since Mr. EB reads my blog I don't really want to share a picture of it until the big day (sorry!). Just know that it's fantastic and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...