Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I Can't Move

I've been complaining for awhile about how I don't particularly like the way I look right now. Maybe not here on my blog, but to friends and family, and certainly to myself, I've been complaining a lot. See, I've never been super skinny, but at least in high school and at some points in college and the years since, I've at least felt like I was athletic and in shape. And right now I don't feel anywhere close to that. I think I'm at my heaviest that I've ever been in my life (I don't know for sure since for a lot of my life I have kept scales far, far away from me), but based on the way my clothes are fitting, things aren't good. And I absolutely, 100% refuse to buy clothes that are any bigger than the size I'm wearing now. And no, I'm not going to tell you what that size is. And I also realize that that goes against What Not to Wear and all those shows that tell you to fit your clothes for the body you are, blah blah blah. I have an absolute mental block about this size and that's that. Especially with the wedding coming up, I really want to feel better about myself and not look back at this time being unhappy with how I looked.

Now. The problem in all of this is that I haven't done anything about the fact that I am not currently happy about the way I look except to complain. And that doesn't burn many calories.

BUT! I've finally decided to do something about it. Mainly because Marie decided she was going to start going to classes at the Bar Method and I thought that sounded like something I could do. Also, I like to follow what Marie does. It's fun! And she picks out super cute shoes for me to wear (yes, she will be picking out my wedding shoes!).

Um, holy crap am I sore. Monday night was only my second day. My first was on Saturday. And I was very sore on Sunday (but totally had to suck it up since a bunch of my friends did the Seattle-to-Portland bike ride and I had absolutely no basis to complain in front of them). Last night I got home and laid down on the couch and didn't move for awhile. I really like it so far (despite the soreness factor). I have a hard time running and when that is my workout I'm never motivated to do it. So I end up skipping more often than not. With taking classes though, since I've paid for a class, I'm way more likely to show up.

I'm really excited about finally doing something about this. Now I just have to get stronger so I'm not so freaking sore all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...