Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to my beautiful mother who came to visit for the weekend.


I love that picture of her - I believe it was taken the year before I was born. She raised three kids and has taught school and flown planes and raised guide dog puppies and is now a guidance counselor (among many other things that she's done).


I don't get to see her very often since I moved a few hours away, so it's always fun when I can make it home or she can come visit me. When we were growing up we would spend a couple weeks at the beach every summer with my extended family. We haven't done that in many years due to everyone's crazy schedule, but it's fun to look back at the pictures (and how little we all were! Yeah, that's me and my awesome bowl haircut in the middle). That's something that I'm so thankful my mom gave me - a deep appreciation for family and friends and knowing that she'll always be there for me wherever I end up.


So glad you could come down this weekend Mom! Hope you had a great Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...