Monday, April 26, 2010

Engagement Pictures!

Kat from Persimmon Images (and Mrs. Cherry Pie from Weddingbee) spent nearly 6 hours taking pictures of yours truly and B on Saturday afternoon. I'm still a little bit in shock by how generous she and her husband Justin were with their time that day!

A few months back Kat announced that she was giving away free engagement sessions to three lucky readers. I thought about everything that I would love to have for an engagement shoot, sent her an e-mail describing it and crossed my fingers. I told her that my ideal shoot was to take pictures in Pike Place Market or along the waterfront in Seattle, then take the ferry to Bainbridge Island for some ferry pics, and then waterfront pictures on the island. I heard back a few days later that I won! (I never win anything - this was big for me!) We were able to do all of those shots that I wanted, and Kat and Justin even came back to my parents' house on the island so that we could get some pictures with our puppy, Cody.

The fantastic part about the whole thing was that honestly, if I hadn't won and she hadn't been so willing to work with us on scheduling issues and everything else, I'm not sure that we ever would have done engagement pictures. I've always liked the idea, but I think this falls under the not really necessary, sort of silly idea in B's head. But he couldn't argue with free - all he had to do was show up and kiss me a few times :)


I'll write more about the shoot when we get the pictures back, but I have to tell this one story. We started in Pike Place Market and shot in a bunch of different locations - including the famous gum wall which I'd never actually been to before. We saw another wedding party taking portraits there also - and I have to say, I can't imagine being next to that wall (or heck, even in Post Alley) in my wedding dress! I know I'll be getting married in the woods (well, sort of), but I'll take nature's dirt over what was in that alley any day. I accidentally brushed up against the wall at one point and I think I need to dry clean my jacket now...

Until we get our pics back, I highly suggest heading over to Kat's site to see her work. She had a ton of great ideas over the course of the shoot (as did Justin - including getting a great shot of my hair going crazy on the ferry.) Can't wait to see how the rest of them came out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...