Thursday, March 11, 2010

Wait, you're how old?

I am a proud member of the Class of 2000. As in, that's when I graduated from high school. I remember when I walked into my second grade classroom, my teacher had put a big banner up in her room welcoming us, the Class of 2000! I couldn't quite comprehend it at the time, but I think it's pretty cool that that was my graduating year (any other class of 2000 grads wondering where in the heck the last 10 years went??).

Anyway. My point in all of this is that the mister graduated high school before that. Several years before that. "Several years" being 8 in fact. Yup, if you do the math, B graduated college before I started high school (but he's only 6 years older than me because he's super smart and skipped some grades in there). Back to my point. Ever have those conversations about what you were doing when such and such happened? Yeah, those are fun. I think my favorite one happened when we were listening to the radio and No Doubt's "Spiderwebs" came on (release date: 1995) and he started talking about how he remembered hanging out with his friends in his college dorm room.



And then I remind him I was in middle school when that song came out.

Blink. Blink. Yup. Awesome.

Another interesting one was finding out that his younger sister is the same age as my older sister. And that his "baby cousin" is my age.

Of course, on a day to day basis, none of that ever seems to matter. I think it's because I tend to think of myself as a few years older than I actually am and he tends to think of himself as a few years younger. So on average it works out and we meet in the middle. Until an early '90s song starts playing :) Anyone else have weird age issues out there?

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, I loved that CD. Tragic Kingdom was one of the first CDs I ever bought, after the Little Mermaid's Dance Party, of course.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...